Oct 2, 2007

Bloodbath


Is it over yet? Can I open my eyes? Apparently, it was open season on any semblance of a pick that I made last week. If gambling were legal, and I had placed actual bets on these ‘games’, I would be typing this from a gutter, next to Winston Justice’s future NFL aspirations. Rather than just accept my fate, and move on, I have chosen to quickly rehash just what happened to me this past weekend.

Picks-wise I mean, my personal life is my personal life, and I’d ask you not to pry.

Pack at Vikings

I can’t always be wrong. Law of averages.

Oakland at Miami

Apparently, Dante Caulpepper’s knee is fine. Who knew?

Jets at Buffalo

Trent Edwards? Really?

Houston at Atlanta

I stand by my decision to pick against my favorite team. Though Joe Harrington’s performance the last two weeks (54-73, 4 TDs, 0 INTS) raises my hopes back to cautiously non-pessimistic.

Chicago at Detroit

Yeah, Brian Griese is never the answer, I don’t care what the question is.

Baltimore at Cleveland

They weren’t gonna cover, but I figured they’d at least win. Jeez.

St. Louis at Dallas

That’s three wins for me out of the first seven games. Prepare to see that percentage drop considerably as we go on.

Tampa Bay at Carolina

Hey, maybe it’s not as bad as I thought.

Seattle at San Fran

Shoot, I didn’t do half bad…what do you mean, there were four more games in the day?

Kansas City at San Diego

The thing that kills me, is that when I talked about the game, I pointed out how ridiculously high the line was. And I still picked the Chargers to cover. The lesson, as always, is that I have no idea what I’m doing.

Pittsburgh at Arizona

Kurt Warner and Matt Lienart, quarterbacking by committee? Really?

Denver at Indy

When Harrison went down, I talked myself into thinking that Peyton might not blow them out. Unfortunately, I also couldn’t remember the last time the Colts didn’t blow out the Broncos. Dammit.

Philly at Giants

I already kind of made fun of that poor left tackle, but seriously, did Andy Reid have money on the game? How can you not at least chip the end to help out rookie against the All-Pro? Here are some great quotes from the aforementioned All-Pro:


It was like a video game out there.
- Osi Umenyiora, Honest Man


Winston Justice is a very good football player. Tonight was just one of those nights. He'll learn from that experience.

- Osi Umenyiora, Liar

New England at Cincinnati

Duh.

6-8-0

No comments: