Oct 29, 2007

Well, Duh...

Overshadowing the Boston Red Sox’s utter domination of the Colorado Rockies to capture their 2nd World Series crown in four years was news Sunday night out of New York that Alex Rodriguez and his agent Scott Boras have decided to leave 150 million on the table, and opt out of his contract. A lot of people seem shocked that A-Rod would choose this time to make his announcement, claiming that it took away from the focus on Boston. Seriously, this is surprising? From Scott “Mo Money, No Problems” Boras and Alex “My calendar only goes to September” Rodriguez? This reminds me of an old story I once heard:

A woman, walking through the forest during winter, happenend upon a near frozen snake in the snow. Leaning down, she picked up the snake, and said, “I want to save you, but I’m afraid you’ll bite me.” The snake replied, “I promise I won’t, I’ll be too grateful for you saving me.” The woman took the snake into her home, fed him, and nursed him to health. As she bent down to put him in bed, he bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the rescued snake why he had bitten her.

“Lady, you knew I was a snake.”


Alabama fans, you can go ahead and apply this tale to when Saban stabs you in the back in a few months.

No comments: