Feb 28, 2008

Airing of Grievences

You know what really grinds my gears?

- People willing to drop certain players off of boards because of the combine. Look, for established players, who you know can play, it's a few days to show off. The NFL combine is more for those kids who weren't on national television alot. This is where those kids can catch your eye, and move up.

- Spring Training. C'mon already, no one cares.

- Fantasy Baseball. Seems way too complicated and too involved. That said, I'm giving a league a shot this year, with the hopes to land A-Rod and Pujols due to some shifty trading. I'll keep you posted.

- Patron Cafe.

- The fact that the NFL prematurely suspended Adam 'Pac-Man' Jones before his criminal proceedings were finished...and the fact that these proceedings resulted in him being hit with a misdemeanor.

- The Wire series finale not being available OnDemand a week early. They've been spoiling us since episode 1 with early airings of every episode, only to force us to wait 2 weeks between the latest episode and the final episode. How dare you.

- The MSWSM apologizing for Clemens, and saying that the government shouldn't be as involved, when a year ago these same jackals were clamoring for Barry Bonds' heard.

- MTV.

- My elaborate Anti-Jinx on the Hawks resulting in holding the Spurs to 5 first quarter points and still losing the game.

- The Designated Hitter.

- That it looks like I was wrong about the Cavs trade.

- Back-to-back Manning Super Bowl wins.

- How good the Pistons and Lakers look.

- My upcoming return to New York City...oh, no wait, I'm really excited about that.

- The color Orange, the song Rocky Top, and all things to do with Tennessee.

- The Pro Bowl.

- People who don't think the NFL Draft should be a National Holiday.

- The Oscars (and apparently, I'm not alone. Lowest rated Academy Awards ever. Way to go, America. Now, we all need to stop watching American Idol...)

- The Office. Look, I tried people. I really did. I just don't think it's that funny. I won't turn it if it's on, but I definitely won't be looking for it either.

- Maddox hasn't come back for the reunion...yet.

- That http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com/ is no longer a viable site.

- No Brady Quinn for me to mock this year in the Draft. Hopefully someone will separate themselves as an insufferable jerk as we get closer to the date. I'm looking at you, Colt Brennan.

- A lack of guaranteed contracts in the NFL.

- I still need an NFL team for next year.

Maybe I should list what makes me happy; might be a shorter list.

No comments: