May 6, 2008

Seis De Mayo

Doesn't quite have that same ring to it, huh? Once upon a time, I had a blog, and on this blog, I would do entries called Mid-Range Jumpers, where I would wax faux philosophic about the going ons in the sporting world. I guess I'll try to bring it back.


  • Who says the public flogging is out of style? The Hawks put up a valiant effort, but they just couldn't stand in the face of the Celtics in Boston. But, they gave us hope for next year...as long as we get a new GM and a new coach.
  • I love the NFL off-season. Cedric Benson and people who act even REMOTELY like him are the reason why.
  • PETA is again proving to be my least favorite interest group. It was just a horse. Go away.
  • No problem with KB24 getting the MVP, but I hope CP3 made it close. His dismantling of the Mavs, and his current show against the Spurs is an interesting case.
  • Roger Clemens. Ew. Led to the funniest line of Bill Simmons' chat last week though:
Brad (Detroit, MI): Clemens 20K game on ESPN Classic right now.
Bill Simmons: Mindy McCready was five during this game.
  • Recent Steelers draft pick Rashad Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint recently. Welcome to the NFL, where you will be paid a ridiculous salary, but there is no set protection for you. Screw up, and we'll penalize you before a trial, but you better hope that new bullseye is unseen by most.
  • Maybe D'Antoni would like to coach a bunch of young, super-athletic overachievers? Huh?
  • Or Avery Johnson? Or Lenny Wilkens? Okay, maybe not Lenny again.
  • Best of luck to the Gehrig Division winning Columbia Lions baseball team as they vie for the Ivy League Title today and tomorrow at Dartmouth.
  • What the hell Marvin Harrison? Has Peyton Manning gotten to you that bad?
  • REVISED NBA playoff predictions: Celtics in 6, Pistons in 5, Lakers in 5, Hornets in 6. These don't replace my original guesses, just wanted to give my input since I am usually wrong.
  • How do I reeeeeach these kids?
  • ZAZA FREAKING PACHULIA...ZAZA FREAKING PACHULIA...ZAZA FREAKING PACHULIA

Well, that's it for now. I've been working hard, and will be rewarding myself with my first ever Vegas trip this summer. Never have I been in one place that so caters to all my vices at once. Plus, I'm going with my degenerate friends who do nothing but egg me on to do stupid things. Plus, a bar owner I know will be staying at the same hotel as me...in town for a friend of HIS bachelor's party. Plus, we're flying in on Friday the 13th. Looking at all these factors, the following exchange said it best.

Me: Is this just a perfect storm?

Jolson: It's already a N'oreaster.

2 comments:

Tatamwari said...

God, I wish I liked sports. This blog would be so much fun to read. Also, please come back from Vegas in less than 5 pieces. I'm pretty sure 1 is just too much to expect.

DPalm66 said...

I make no promises. Though, when I mentioned that my bar owner friend would be there at the same time to someone who knows us both, I was told this:

Oh good, you're going to be in Vegas with someone who only goes once every 2 years, because all he does is blow through money and pay for everything. Don't even get a return flight, you won't live to see Sunday.