Dec 17, 2008

Standing Pat

On Monday, I wrote the following about the Hawks ending the Cavs' winning streak over the weekend:
Boom. BOOM. Who else wants some? Come to the A with a record winning streak? We will END that for you, no problem. LeBron James goes for 33 points, 6 boards, and 8 assists? No problem; we GOT that. We only get 13 points out of our bench? We only play 8 players? No problem; we GOT that. I'm gonna say it again...come to the A with a record winning streak, and we will END that for you. I see you Boston. No problem.
And after the game tonight...I feel the SAME WAY. We lost because Joe Johnson missed a free throw? A free throw? Please. Am I supposed to be intimidated by the big, bad champs? If anything, this reaffirms my thought that this Hawks team is playing top-level basketball, and are easily the 3rd best team in the East. And if that's not enough, we got something to make us hungrier down the stretch.

"....feels good to come in here and spoil their dreams." - Kendrick Perkins

12/17/08. Never forgive. Never forget.

No comments: